Dr. Parimala .S
Academic Qualifications: MBBS, MD
|Year of passing
|Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College Tamaka,Kolar
|Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research ,Tamaka,Kolar.
Total Experience- 14 years
- Residency Program: Department of Neuromicrobiology, NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Faculty: Working at Sri Devaraj Urs Medical college
- Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Tamaka Kolar
- Member of Indian Academy of Medical Microbiologists – Karnataka Chapter (I.A.M.M - KC)
- Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Member of Indian academy of Tropical Parasitology
- Member of Journal clinical Microbiology
- Students perception on problem based learning in medical education: A challenge.
- Evaluation of Midregional proadrenomedullin as a diagnostic and prognostic marker of neonatal sepsis collaborative project with pediatrics
- Testing of Culture, Enzyme –linked Immunosorbent Assay and Polymerase Chain Reaction in the detection of Mycoplasma pneumoniae among children clinically diagnosed with Pneumonia in RLJH Kolar.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
- Diagnostic Bacteriology
- Antimicrobial stewardship.
Awards and Achievements :
- Awarded Gold medal for securing highest marks in para clinical subjects for MD Microbiology by SDUAHER in 2011.
- Over 16 Publications
Extra mural Research Projects
- SERB funded project in collaboration with Indian Institute of Sciences and Molecular care health solutions
- NIH and University of Liver pool funded project in collaboration with NIMHANS