Academic Qualifications: MBBS, MD
|SL NO||Degree||Specialization||Institute||Year of passing|
|1||MBBS||-||Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar||2013|
|2||MD||Community Medicine||Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar||2018|
Additional qualifications / training
- Course on ‘Principles and practice of epidemiology' by Christian Medica College, Vellore.
- Teach to Reach Level 1 certification on Immunization during Pandemic from Geneva Learning Foundation.
- WHO scholar level 1 certification in Routine Immunization activity planning from World Health Organization.
- United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) BSAFE course.
- Course on ‘The COVID-19 Response in India: Impact on Women and Children’s Health and Wellbeing’ from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|SDUMC||Asst. Prof||Teaching, Clinical, Research,||2018-2023|
|World Health Organization||Rapid Response Team Member||Support Government of India in roll out of Measles Rubella campaign in select districts.||2018-2019|
|SDUMC||Assoc. Prof.||Teaching, Clinical, Research||2023- till date|
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching - Deliver engaging lectures, seminars, tutorials and conducting workshops
- Coordination with colleagues in continuous reviews and curriculum development, ensuring students receive high-quality courses.
- Implement strategic lesson planning, monitoring progress and performance against set targets and outcomes.
- Develop engaging and interesting research projects, obtain funding and publish research increasing university exposure.
- Planning and development of teaching materials, workbooks, question banks, LMS content and class projects.
- Write scholarly papers and defend positions to add to collective base of field knowledge. Attend conferences to learn about new research and present findings.
- Supervise student projects, facilitating progress and encouraging deeper learning through application.
- Direct research of individuals engaged in robust work during post-graduate studies in pursuit of advanced degrees.
- Collaborate with government and non-government agencies for holistic promotion of health of the community.
|Name of project||List of researchers||ongoing / completed||Funded / Non funded||Funding agency||Funds sanctioned|
|Study of magnitude and associated factors of missed oppurtunities for vaccination among children aged 0-24 months in Kolar: A Mixed Methods Study.||Dr. Vishwas S, Dr.Muninarayana C, Dr. Charini, Mr.Ravishankar.S||Ongoing||Funded||SDUAHER||Rs.198000/-|
|Title of article||Name of journal||Year of publication||List of authors|
|Trends in trauma care before and after the introduction of ‘Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Scheme’in a tertiary care hospital at Kolar||International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health||2018||VS Kottareddygari, S Vishwas, GP Praveen, A Abraham, PN Sreeramulu|
|Investigation of acute diarrhoea outbreak at Narasapura, Kolar||International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health||2019||S Vishwas, R Suryanarayana|
|Awareness and Practices of a Rural Community Regarding Mental Health Problems||Cureus journal of medical science||2023||V Jayan, S Vishwas|
|Internet Addiction and Gaming Disorder During the COVID-19 Pandemic Among Young People in Southern Karnataka||Cureus journal of medical science||2023||NB Mokshathaa, S Vishwas|
STUDENT PROJECTSGuided following student projects
- ICMR STS (2022) : Internet addiction and Gaming Disorder during COVID19 pandemic among young people in Southern Karnataka by Ms.Narendra Babu Mokshathaa
- ICMR STS (2023): Challenges in building pandemic resilient health system: Incidence and determinants of catastrophic health expenditure among households of Southern Karnataka by Mr.Faizur Rahman